DescriptifSTEEM-1 internships will start from the end of March and shall last 16 to 20 weeks (4 to 5 months), except somewhat shorter for RENE students.
A STEEM-1 internship must be a research internship.
However, the word research can be appreciated quite widely. It is not necessarily academic research, it may be scientific, technical, industrial or economic research or development, but it is not an execution internship. Indeed, the internship must not consist of carrying out standard works, whether predefined or not, within a department; the internship must have a well-defined objective and must lead to the realization of an original deliverable: a software, an experiment, a study that can be scientific, statistical, economic .... but original!
There is also no restriction on the organization hosting you: academic lab. or company, from start-up to large industrial group, or administration or paraadministrative body.
Fundamentally what is important is to assess the managerial capacity of the host organization. In that respect, we advise against start-up internships during STEEM-1 because the management capacities are there generally insufficient for your benefit and the topic studied to narrow. It will be much more interesting for you to join a startup during the second-year internship then this company will benefit of your previous experience and your scientific background.
The ability to present the progress of your internship and your results clearly and synthetically is also very important. Therefore, the internship ends with a report and an oral defence, see on SynapseS the dedicated advices for these topics.
You will have to choose an internship at the end of December or during January, to this end you will benefit on the web of a lot of information:
- Dedicated proposals received for STEEM students will be posted.
- The list of internships done by STEEM, REST and WAPE students during the previous years.
- The Polytechnique Career Center internship proposals whatever the discipline.
- You may join the LINKEDIN group “Ecole Polytechnique Energy & Environment Master Programs” that gathers a large number of Alumni, Professors and academic or industrial partners
These links will appear in time on your Polytechnique SynapseS account.
Also, do not hesitate to contact your professors.
About the procedure:
- Once you will have found an interesting internship, first contact Alexandre STEGNER for his approval of the subject and of the hosting organisation.
- At the end of November you will receive information about internship contract procedure from Mrs Uyen-Chi NGUYEN, in charge of Master-1 internships.
- A “Convention de Stage” will be signed by you, your host organisation, a STEEM academic referent, and Ecole Polytechnique.
Parcours de rattachement
Format des notesNumérique sur 20Littérale/grade réduit
Pour les étudiants du diplôme Echanges PEILe rattrapage est autorisé (Note de rattrapage conservée)
Pour les étudiants du diplôme Energy Environment : Science Technology & ManagementLe rattrapage est autorisé
La note obtenue rentre dans le calcul de votre GPA.