This course will focus on the study of inorganic complexes and compounds to understand the basic relationship between electronic structure and molecular spectroscopy. We will put those fundamental concepts in the view of modern energy challenges, such as the use of light to trigger reactions or for energy storage.
Content and Topics
· Ligand field theory
· Electronic spectra
· Lanthanides and luminescence
· Electron transfer
· Light harvesting
· Miessler, G. L. et al. Inorganic Chemistry; 5th ed.; Prentice Hall, 2014.
· Shriver, D. F et al. Inorganic Chemistry; 6th ed.; Oxford University Press, 2014.
· Atkins, P. et al. Physical Chemistry; 11th ed.; Oxford University Press, 2018
· Cotton, S. Lanthanide and Actinide Chemistry; John Wiley & Sons, 2006
· Wardle, B. Principles and Applications of Photochemistry; John Wiley & Sons, 2009
Language course: English
Credits ECTS: 4