Lecturer: Olivier Doaré
This course can be chosen by a student only if he already follows at least one of these two courses:
- Hydro, wind and marine resources for renewable energy
- Fluid-structure couplings in offshore wind and marine energy
This course consists in a an experimental work on renewable energy for teams of two students. During their project, the student will apply the knowledge acquired during the theoretical courses.
Course main content
The different proposed laboratory projects are :
- The Vortex-induced vibrations energy harvesting device (water current version) - The Vortex-induced vibrations energy harvesting device (wind version)
- A laboratory model of hydroelectric power plant (run of river)
- A laboratory model of hydrokinetic turbines
- Ocean wave energy converter model - Floating wind turbine design
- The fluttering flag energy harvester
They all take place in the mechanical engineering lab of ENSTA Paristech, on the Paris Saclay campus.
Examination and requirements for final grade
Students are graded on the basis of a final report and an oral presentation.
Olivier Doare, ENSTA ParisTech
Alexandre STEGNER, Ramiro GODOY-DIANA, Clément GROUTHIER
Langue du cours : Anglais
Credits ECTS : 4
Parcours de rattachement
Format des notesNumérique sur 20Littérale/grade réduit
Pour les étudiants du diplôme Energy Environment : Science Technology & ManagementL'UE est acquise si note finale transposée >= C
- Crédits ECTS acquis : 4 ECTS