Introduction of smart grid
- Electrical powers distribution
- Some definition of Smart grid concept
- Technological point of view of smart grid (some example with renewable energy)
- Societal and economical point of view of the smart grid
Integration of renewable power into the grid: context and solutions
- Power markets
- Variability and predictability of solar and wind power. Short term forecasting of wind power, solar power and demand.
- Connection of decentralized production in the distribution system
- Predictive management of distribution systems
- Presentation of power system economics.
- Aspects of optimal generation mix. Spot pricing. European market mechanisms.
- Computation of optimal generation mix with AMPL
- Simulation of the French power market mechanisms with DREAM
Langue du cours : Anglais
Credits ECTS : 4